This tool has been tested by several DCT users and seems to be reliable.
Screenshot:What is AFT?
oolbox) is an application for modifying Ambarella A2, A5 and A7
firmware binaries. This includes extracting all raw partitions, editing the filesystem and all used strings (for example for translating purposes) and modifying the bitrate table. More features are always on my todo-list. It's based on my knowledge of A2RomKitchen but has been rewritten from scratch!Tutorials by Mtz:
Basic A7Tool usage: https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/threa...a-a2-a7-firmware-tool.6029/page-7#post-101302
Strings.bin editor(v1.0+) usage: https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/threa...a-a2-a7-firmware-tool.6029/page-7#post-101986Features:
- Analyze firmware binaries
- Export of all partitions
- Export all files from ROM-partition
- Rebuild ROM-partition with modifications
- Strings.bin editor
- A5/A7 Bitrate table editor
- Build modified firmware binariesChangelog:Visit my thread @DashcamTalkRequirements:
- JRE or JDK 1.8 or greater (http://java.com/download
- Windows administrative permissions (not sure about this one)
- Firmware binaries (http://dc.p-mc.eu/
)Private useage only!
Any commercial use and any use that is not educational nor private is prohibited!Downloads / Releases:AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editorToDo:
- finish AE metering table editor (high priority)
- implement Menusetting value editor
- finish fonts.bin editor (low priority)
- finish bitmaps.bin editor (normal priority)
- fix a bug regarding non-compressed A2 partitons (low priority)Protip for 0801,0803,0805,0806 users:
Always have a USB -> mini/micro USB cable with PIN 4 and 5 linked ("burning cable") to recover your camera in case of a brickValidation of firmwares:
You don't trust me/my tool?
There is an easy way to validate generated firmware: Decompile the modified firmware again with AFT, if everything seems alright it should be fine!Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for any bricked devices, dead SD Cards or anything else that might happen as a result of flashing firmwares you modified with this tool to your dashcam.3rd Party license:
* Copyright (c) 2007, intarsys consulting GmbH
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
* and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* - Neither the name of intarsys nor the names of its contributors may be used
* to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific
* prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
* AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
If you want to support me and have some money left: Donate with PayPal
. You'll receive a "donator-status" in AFT which does not have any benefits, yet.